The Perfect Blend ... sounds kinda like a coffee commercial huh? Yeah, that's what I thought too when it slipped out of my mouth in explanation of my day. After a little thought, I realized just how much my day had in common with a good cup of coffee!
Turn coffee pot on - begin great brew: You know when you get up in the morning and, only half awake, turn the coffee pot on to make the desired amount of caffeinated goodness. It's the one thing first thing in the morning that you can do with your eyes closed, it's second nature. For me, along with making coffee, that's feeding forty horses. I could do it in my sleep - and sometimes I think I do! I start my morning throwing hay and chucking grain into buckets, filling water and turning out some silly kiddos. Always (or hopefully always) the same routine, a very predictable start to my day.
We think it's a necessity - it's really just a desire: As much as we believe that our morning pot of coffee is crucial to existence (and to those of us who are addicted, it may feel this way) it really just isn't. That's how I feel about blueberry bagels and flannel shirts. I really really really want them, but going to target and spending money on such extras is my way of spoiling myself, as I did today.
Coffee is made - oh dear it's strong!: I do not want anything to do with drinking coffee straight from the pot with no sugar or creamers added, no thank you. This strong substance needs to be changed before becoming edible in my book. After a challenging and very applicable sermon at church this morning that's how I'm thinking about myself too ... definitely some changes to be made!
Step one - sugar: The first step to making any mug of deliciousness is sugar. Sugar makes nasty things a little bit more bearable -- just like the support of good friends.
Step two - creamer: Creamer can come in so many different flavors and it's soooo much fun to choose new flavors. That was riding today - SO much fun!
Now it's ready to enjoy - not to mention give you energy: Why do we drink coffee ... to have energy (oh please, stop hiding behind your "because it tastes good" and fess up to being an addict like the rest of us). Human powerhouse would have been a good description for my stall mucking ability (which totally paid for aforementioned target trip), I was the epitome of a caffeine rush!
But don't be fooled - the effects don't last all day: If only coffee never wore off, but sadly it does. Likewise, I am not always a powerhouse and tonight sat myself down in a chair, armed with good food, and watched a movie.
So there you have it - a perfectly blended day: Fed in the morning, went to target, then to church, back to the farm for some great relationship therapy with the girls, rode a fun horse, more girl talk, whipped out a barn of stalls, and watched a movie with the parents. Everything wonderful all jam packed into a day.... I love Sundays!